Well, it’s June already. Not quite ‘sizzling June’ but give it time.
A planning application has come in for 1456 Pershore Road (opposite Stirchley School – used to be a newsagent) to turn from retail to hot food take away. Application no. 2020/01992/PA accessible on Planning Online.
The Forum policy is currently to oppose any such application, particularly as this is so near the school and the City Council has a policy of supporting healthy eating. Unfortunately the Planning Officer has given the impression that they will have no objection which seems a little strange. Please take a look and let us (and Planning) have your thoughts. Consultation ends 22nd June.
There has been a new application for an alcohol license for 1469 Pershore Road (near Stirchley School currently Stir Stores) which has planning permission for use as a cafe during standard retail trading hours. A recent planning application for late night opening was withdrawn in the face of objections from people living nearby. Maybe those of you who did such a good job in putting together objections to the Mary Vale Road licensing application would take a look and let us know your thoughts? Closing date for comments is 17th June.
Many of you will have noticed that building work has restarted on the site. We are told that, subject to any changes in government advice, the proposed opening date is 9th July. They have had over 1,000 applications for 80 jobs.
Meetings – virtual ward forum meeting
Karen Cheney has informed us that there will be a virtual Ward Forum meeting on 10th June (please note that this is the Council meeting not Neighbourhood Forum meeting).
Items on the Agenda include;
- Birmingham Transport Plan
- Update from Kier on Roads (taken over from Amey)
- Covid-19 Response and Experience in Stirchley
- Bournville Lane – Lorries Update
- Any Further Q&A
She says, ‘We are starting a trial of holding virtual ward forum meetings and Stirchley Ward is one of the wards within the pilot. The Stirchley virtual ward forum meeting will be held on June 10th 6.30pm- 8pm
The virtual meetings will be run on “Teams Live Events” and in order to join the Stirchley Ward Forum meeting you need to use the link below
A few things to be aware of
- Teams Live Events can be accessed by downloading the Teams app to your laptop, smartphone or tablet or you can join the meeting via a browser session
- The public will be able to see and hear the Councillor and presenters but you will not actually be audible or visible.
- You are able to write questions whilst viewing OR send any questions by e-mail to me firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the date of the meeting.
- This is new technology to us all and has been a steep learning curve so please be patient with us.
- The meeting will be recorded.
Please feel free to pass on my e-mail to others in Stirchley who you think would like to attend and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Neighbourhood Forum Meeting
Monday 8th June should have been our June meeting.
We now have the facility to hold meetings using Google Meet. If you are interested in attending such a meeting please let us know and we will arrange a meeting and send you an invitation. This is very much in the nature of experiment but could be a bit of an adventure!
Likewise if anyone would like to take minutes it would be greatly appreciated!
I hope that you have found this of interest. Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to join a meeting on 8th or wish to contact us for any other reason.