We’ve got a bit of a different meeting for March, in fact it is a Special General Meeting. This means it is a meeting “called to discuss business usually considered at the Annual General Meeting or issues seriously affecting the Neighbourhood Forum such as a change to the Constitution.” It will take place on Monday 9th March 2020.
For anyone coming to the Forum meetings for a while, these won’t be a surprise; they’re mainly around making sure the Forum covers the whole Stirchley Ward (which changed since the Forum’s constitution was introduced), and a few other bits around how we tell people what’s going on.
You can read the constitution, with the proposed changes here.
- PROPOSED CONSTITUTION AMENDMENTS
- 1. From ‘outlined on the attached map’ to ‘of Stirchley Ward’
- 2.c Remove ‘Ward Advisory Board’
- 4. Management Committee to have power to co-opt members between Annual General Meetings, those co-opted not to make up more than 30% of the total and those co-opted to stand down at the next AGM
- 4. Remove references to Ward Committee and Ward Advisory Board and insert Stirchley Ward Forum
- Committee to meet a minimum 4 times a year
- 5. Annual General Meeting. Notice shall be given ‘using the most appropriate methods to ensure the greatest public involvement’
- 7. Special General Meeting. Notice shall be given ‘using the most appropriate methods to ensure the greatest public involvement’
- UPDATE ON LICENSING
- CHANCE TO MEET NEW MORRISONS MANAGER AND SOME OF THE TEAM
Please note, due to Easter Monday there will be no April meeting, but we’ll be back the month after on Monday 11th May.