Former District Office for rent
We have been informed this evening that the former District Office has now been advertised for rent as D1 Community Centre use at a rent of at least £25,000pa for a term of 3 or 5 years full details are here.
Sub-post office for Stirchley
Is anyone interested in opening a sub-post office in Stirchley? As the High Street has now lost it’s last bank this could be a good opportunity. You can lodge your interest here https://runapostoffice.co.uk/ The post office at Dogpool has been closed since March and we understand that there are plans afoot to redevelop that corner and the former telephone exchange.
There have been two recent planning applications that relate to the High Street
- 2020/03996/PA is proposing work that would result in a 6 bedroom House of Multiple Occupation at 1511 Pershore Road.
- 2020/04099/PA is proposing to turn a current HMO & supermarket storage space into flats. It is Hazelwell House, Hazelwell Road. People living in Warren Road should take a look.
Both applications can be seen on Birmingham City Council Planning Online.
Virtual Hazelwell Station presentation and Q&A
There will be an online public meeting on 22nd July from 6 – 7.30pm about the Hazelwell train station.
A few things to be aware of
- Teams Live Events can be accessed by downloading the Teams app to your laptop, smartphone or tablet or you can join the meeting via a browser session
- The public will be able to see and hear the Councillor and presenters but you will not actually be audible or visible.
- You are able to write Questions whilst viewing OR send any questions by e-mail to me email@example.com or Mary.Locke@birmingham.gov.uk prior to the date of the meeting.
- This is new technology to us all and has been a steep learning curve so please be patient with us.
- The live virtual meeting will be recorded and then be accessible to the public.
Please feel free to pass on the e-mail to others in Stirchley who you think would like to attend and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
We understand that Morrisons is on track for opening on 9th July. It is now possible to take a look through the side window, by the cafe, tables and chairs have now been delivered.
Leaflet – Stirchley together through COVID-19
By now all households in Stirchley Ward should have received a leaflet giving COVID-19 related information. It was very much a collaborative effort and we would welcome your feedback.