(We have received the below message from the council)
I’m contacting you to let you know that a special meeting has been arranged for residents to hear about applications made to the Commonwealth Games Celebrating Communities Fund.
The meeting will be held online (via Microsoft Teams) on 1 March at 6.30pm. The link to join the meeting is here.
It’s important that as many residents as possible join the meeting to hear the presentations and take part in the Q&A session and vote so if you could share the details with your neighbours and group it would be really helpful.
Welcome and Introductions – Karen Cheney
- Ward Allocation – £14,300
- Round 1 Amount Approved – £1,837
- Amount Available for Round 2 – £12,463
- Total Round 2 requests – £44,620
Applicants’ Presentations for Funding £1,001 – £5,000
- Cotteridge Primary School – Mural – £2,000
- Cotteridge Primary School – Community Sporting sessions for children and families – £2,500
- Riverside Performance Arts – Productions of “Elmers Walk” shown locally – £4,950
- Picture This Media CIC – Community Portrait (photographs and oral history – £4,500
Applicants’ Presentations for Funding £5,001 – £10,000
- B’ham Bike Foundry – Local Bike maintenance sessions – £7,800
- Hipkiss & Grainey – Local outdoor activities and arts sessions – £9,720
- Kombat Martial Arts – Free outreach martial arts for young people in Stirchley – £10,000
Q & A session to all applicants
Applicants requested to leave meeting
Facilitated discussion between remaining attendees about each proposal
Summary of all proposals and requested amounts
Invitation for remaining attendees to vote for preferred project within each fund category, votes counted by show of hands
Closing summary and end the session